Release – The Haunted – Unreal Tournament 3 mod – Released May 2, 2009
- Playing as human is action focused survival gameplay with a huge arsenal of weapons and melee attacks in the vein of Resident Evil, but with total freedom in movement and more intense, direct combat.
- Undead humanoid monsters come in many variations and approach from everywhere to give you the feeling of a real fight for your life. There is no place to hide, together or alone. In addition to that, watch out for dangerous traps and environmental hazards.
- Some multiplayer modes can have players taking control of vicious demon masters. Here you can spawn monsters and play them by yourself, or place traps and trigger the environmental hazards to create a unpredictable threat for the humans.
- The locations feature an almost mystical atmosphere, provided by awesome graphics and effects. Damage is shown on the characters with blood splatter, dirt and scars along with post processing effects and physical hit animations.
- Solo Mode: The singleplayer mode pits one human against the forces of evil.
- Coop Mode: Up to 4 human players have to make a stand against the undead.
Send as much as possible back to hell and redeem the souls of fallen comrades.
- Battle Mode: 4 Human players against 4 demons.
- Demonizer: Similar to coop, but each dead human will turn into a demon until no one is left.
A setup tool for easy installation is included, but before playing: READ THE README! We need your feedback now more than ever! So please post comments here on ModdB or visit our IRC channel. #HauntedGame at QuakeNet. This release has a vastly improved multiplayer experience, so we are glad about anyone who hosts a online server!
The People who worked on v2.5:
Michael ‘Hegi’ Hegemann: Game Director, Artist, Programmer and Jack of all trades
Gerhard ‘Schlauchi’ Weihrauch: Game and Level Designer
Tomas ‘Drevlin’ Lidström: Environment and Lighting Artist
Josh ‘Vertigo’ Stoker: Animator
Viktor ‘CDS’ Lidäng: Environment Artist
Jack Menhorn: Music Composer
Many thanks to all betatesters and people who supported us. Special thanks to Nervous Energy for the server hosting, Helltrain for the trailer and eLowar for the installer.
Note: Great job in the mod very good